Sunday, November 28

Sunday Fun: Bridalplasty?

Has anyone heard about this new show? It starts tonight on the E! channel. I had never heard of it, but my sister/MOH mentioned it this morning and I looked it up.


Source

I'm not sure how to embed video, but here's a link to an ad for the show.

Oh. Em. Effing. Gee. So, the premise of this show is that a group of twelve brides-to-be all move into a mansion in LA with a 'wish list' of surgical procedures they want done. Each week, they compete in challenges and the winner receives one of the surgeries on her list. At the end of the show, the winner receives a celebrity style wedding, where her groom sees her new look for the very first time, like when she lifts her veil after walking down the aisle. Wow. What do people think about this?

I think it is pretty extreme and shocking, and the fact that it is a reality show is just so wrong. I know many people go to extreme lengths to look their best on their wedding day, and some things are definitely acceptable, but having numerous surgical procedures done for your wedding definitely is pushing the limit. There are contestants on the show who used to be beauty queens, recently. I just don't get it. Obviously this happens in real life as well, but it is definitely not for me. I obviously want to look great on my wedding day, but I think I will stick to eating healthy, exercising, and then having great hair and makeup on the day of. For me, that will be enough.

I don't mean this to be judgy at all. Obviously everyone has their own personal standards they hope to achieve for their wedding day. I guess this is just something that completely surprised me. In my bubble, I didn't realize people went to this extreme for their weddings. Is this something you've heard of or seen in your life? Does anyone know someone who went through this?

2 comments:

  1. I ended up watching this last night and I really couldn't believe what I was seeing/hearing. The way these girls view themselves and some of what their fiances said to them was truly shocking! I mean, I'm not happy with the way I look and yeah.. there are things I would change. But, I'm using diet and exercise to try to get my body to be what I want it to be. Everything else.. well, the Lord gave it to me, might as well rock it, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally agree. I think I would be okay with certain procedures down the road, like after babies if diet and exercise just didn't work, but from what I saw, these girls were all thin. I just don't get it! Sad...

    I didn't actually watch it, but glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think it's cool.

    ReplyDelete