Thursday, November 25

Planning the First Look

I never really knew a 'first look' was an option until I stumbled upon a picture of one online. From that point on, I couldn't think of a more perfect option for our wedding day. I am a pretty emotional person, and I think that not being able to see D before the ceremony would make me super anxious. I'm worried that when I finally see him as I walk down the aisle, I will lose. my. shit. Like, seriously. I can see my self bursting into tears and blubbering my way down the aisle. Hm. I definitely don't want to see those pictures!

I can think of so many pros for having a first look. We will have more time for photos before the ceremony, and will actually be able to join our reception sooner and enjoy our time with guests. We will get more photos of just the two of us and not be as rushed. We get to see each other before the ceremony, which will not only calm me down, but will allow us to spend more time together on our wedding day. And the best thing? Have you seen what first look pictures look like?





Gorgeous. This whole wedding is actually stunning, and kind of makes me wish I was having an outdoor garden wedding.

I think the pictures alone will make the first look worth it. But, there is a bit of an issue in our way. My mom is adamant that we can't have a first look. She thinks it will ruin our wedding day and it is cheating D out of his big moment, namely, seeing me walk down the aisle for the first time. D has said he doesn't really care either way, and he just wants me to be happy (awww!). So I'm not sure what to do. Obviously, it is our decision, but I don't want to make people upset over it. I'm torn!

I don't really think we'd be losing out on anything if we see each other before the actual ceremony. I really don't. But I don't want to upset anybody, and I definitely don't want to take anything away from D. It's his day too, after all!

So, for those who have had or are planning to have a first look, thoughts? Any regrets? I need someone to make this decision easy for me!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say hi and I am THRILLED there is another Ottawa bride out there. I can't wait to read along as the months go by.

    Btw, thank you! for explaining the Courtyard layout to me ... I was considering it for a venue but never contacted them due to having so many visits scheduled already, and I was kind of regretting it. But now that I know the layout snafu I feel SO much better with our venue choice.

    Feel free to come visit - I'm blogging about the wedding process too!

    ReplyDelete