Saturday, December 11

More Sweet Treats

So because having an edible favour isn't enough for this sweet-toothed bride, we will also be having a late night dessert table. This was actually my mom's idea. I think she really just knows our family and what to expect from them when it comes to eating (hey, we like to eat, okay?). So, the plan is to have an assortment of delicious treats put out later in the evening.


So the only thing is, we would be making all the desserts ourselves. I have a fairly large and close-knit extended family, so everyone would be pitching in and adding something to the mix. I'm hoping to have a mix of cookies and squares, a chocolate fountain with fruit, and some different candies and treats. Oh, yum! I'm a sucker for desserts.

So advice time... How should we execute this? Since it is something we are doing ourselves, we would be responsible for set-up and clean-up. I don't want people (namely, my mom) to take time during the reception to set everything up. I think the best thing would be to set it all up the morning of, and then either cover everything up and then drape a cloth over it. Or, we could set it up and then hide it behind a curtain or partition. I guess it's difficult because the caterers won't have anything to do with it, but I don't want it to be too much work for those involved. And obviously I want to be able to just enjoy myself all day and not have to worry about what's going on with it. Hm... this seems stressful.

Has anyone done something like this before? I think it is a great idea on paper, but the actual logistics are a bit more difficult. Any tips or tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment