Friday, October 22

Finding the Dress...

This is probably one of the most exciting parts of planning a wedding and the one that most brides look forward to the most. I was definitely excited to start the search, and started it in a pretty common place - wedding magazines! Since our engagement will be about 35 months (woah!) before it's all said and done, I didn't want to invest myself too much too soon. However, once I started looking, it was hard to stop! I did limit my self to actually trying on dresses until we were about a year and a half from the wedding though.

Dress shopping is something that I thought would be so easy, but so far has proven to be a lot more difficult than I thought! From the beginning of our engagement, from the first time I picked up a bridal magazine and flipped through it, I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted and what I didn't want.


The types of dresses that caught my eye from the beginning were simple and elegant, with not a lot of bling or embellishments. That in itself was a bit of a problem. So many dresses that are popular now are full of sparkles, embroidery, pick-ups, and are generally cupcake-y in nature. I preferred dresses with nothing on them, and I knew I didn't want any lace or sparkle or add-ons of any kind. Boring, as my sister so emphatically told me, but that's just what I liked!



All gorgeous, but keep in mind this was very early in the planning process, and before I had tried on any dresses. Once I actually went dress shopping, well, that is another story!

1 comment: